Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pumpkin Fun


Bear's first pumpkin carving 


I mentioned in my last post that my MIL wrote out a curriculum for Bear. It is primarily a  pumpkin curriculum with a few added fall items. It is for the first half of October. I am so excited to be able to share it with you. 
Here are a few of the objectives we will be highlighting in the next couple of weeks. 
  • Sorting  and shape identification (in this case it will be a CIRCLE)
  • colors (Orange) 
  • positional words and opposite (down, up, in, out) 
  • extending vocabulary (smooth, squishy, slimy)

I am giddy about this. Although we do activities often I have never used a more structured way to plan our days. I think this a great start. I am excited to think of more ideas within this theme and running with it.  So if you are interested in this little journey stay tuned we have some fun activities planned.

Check out all the links from this series
Day One: Shapes and Colors
Day Two: Fall Leaf Headbands
Day Three: Pumpkin Science
Day Four: Pumpkin Stamping
Day Five: Jack O'Lantern using Simple Shapes

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read more! I like your objectives- very toddler appropriate!

    ReplyDelete